• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

HCPCS Questions on CPC

Jod

Anyone have any idea how many HCPCS questions are on the CPC Exam? Is it really necessary to purchase a 2014 HCPCS manual for the exam. The HCPCS book is on pre order does not ship until January, I dont want to wait until then to start getting prepared. Thanks.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks for sharing that the HCPCS book doesn't ship until January of 2014. I checked it out and this is what it says on the AAPC website.

"Important Note:

Due to the federal government’s October shut-down, CMS delayed the release of 2014 HCPCS Level II updates, which has an impact on print date for the 2014 HCPCS Level II book not only at AAPC, but throughout the entire coding book publishing industry. The book won’t be available for shipping until the last week of January 2014. A PDF file of the New, Changed, and Deleted codes will be emailed to all 2014 HCPCS book purchasers as soon as it becomes available. For more information please visit CMS website."

I suggest you call AAPC or contact them through the website Contact Us form and ask. I really don't think they would have any new 2014 HCPCS codes on the test in early 2014 given the situation! Under the circumstances, it seems to me that HCPCS 2013 manual should be fine, because they can't ask the impossible! Check with them to make sure, and give yourself some peace-of-mind.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Thank for info Ruth. I was wondering if they had shipped yet. Now I know not until January.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
They usually have 5 questions on HCPCS on the CPC exam.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Why are they shipping the new HCPCS book in January 2014? They usually ship it in December.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Why are they shipping the new HCPCS book in January 2014? They usually ship it in December.
The book is not done yet. Got slowed down because of the government shutdown earlier this year.